Experienced RN- Innovations Unit
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
organization.Unit Details:Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital's 5
North nursing unit, known as the Innovation Unit, is a
medical-surgical telemetry unit used to trial, evaluate and develop
best practices in technology, nursing, interdisciplinary care and
medicine. Located in Fairview Hospital's original building, the
Innovation Unit features 29 observation and inpatient beds. As a
winner of the Best Practice Award at the 2009 ANCC National Magnet
Conference, Fairview Hospital's Innovation Unit is known for its
ability to bring ideas, technology and concepts together for nurses
and their patients.Teamwork and collaboration are cornerstones of
the unit - and are essential to the successful implementation of
new interventions. The unit touts an open communication environment
between caregivers and the leadership team, allowing the ongoing
sharing of ideas in a pleasant work environment. Nurses on the
Innovation Unit consider continuing education a high priority as
well as unit-based shared governance, with the shared governance
group meeting monthly to evaluate practice issues and give a voice
to our caregivers.Fairview:Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital is
now ranked as the No. 4 hospital among Cleveland-area hospitals and
the No. 5 hospital in Ohio, according to U.S. News & World Report's
-2020-21 Best Hospitals.- Excellence in Healthcare That You Have
Come to Expect.--Fairview Hospital is a 488-bed hospital located at
the western edge of Cleveland, overlooking the Cleveland
Metroparks.-We are a fully accredited hospital by The Joint
Commission, with a certified Level II Trauma Center.-Fairview
Hospital's strong clinical Centers of Excellence include: Birthing
Services, Cancer Center, Emergency and Level II Trauma, Heart
Center, Surgery.-We are proud to be a Magnet- Hospital, Awarded by
the American Nurses Credentialing Center; this designation is the
highest honor an organization can receive for professional nursing
practice.-RN New Grads Participate in a residency core curriculum
based on their individual learning needs. Provides direct nursing
care, alongside a coach, in accordance with established policies,
procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Transitions to RN Resident II upon successful completion of the
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
- Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness
and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate
achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing protocol.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant
others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
- Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
- Validates and documents patient and family understanding of
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing
formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification must
be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and
Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation
Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) provider
status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and
maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American
Heart Association (AHA).
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 1 year of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year
of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a
cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying
education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation
cycle, if they work in -medical oncology, radiation oncology,
-cancer center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy
within an accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital
setting required for acute care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
skilled nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab
experience required for rehab care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
- Will consider licensed military RN experience.Physical
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.#LI-EW1
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Experienced RN- Innovations Unit, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!