Health Unit Coordinator - Adult Emergency Department
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Provides a high level of customer service to patients, families,
visitors and employees to promote and supports the highest level of
patient experience. Performs administrative and clerical duties to
ensure efficient operational flow in their assigned
- Conducts an in-person greeting, welcome and orientation to the
unit for newly admitted and transferred patients.
- Responds to patient call lights in a manner that expedites
appropriate follow through.
- Makes rounds on patients throughout their hospital stay.
- Communicates and facilitates communication with patients,
families, other departments and health care team members regarding
- Assists with processing patient admissions, transfers and
- Provides concierge service to assist patients and families with
way finding and directs them to available resources.
- Assembles and maintains patient medical records and other
documents related to patient care.
- Assists with unit clerical functions.
- Assists in trouble-shooting equipment failures such as call
system, portable phones, WOWs and other unit devices.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- High School Diploma or-GED required.
- College degree preferred.Certifications:
- None required.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a customer service-related
- Prior job experience with typing or computer training or
- Microsoft Office experience preferredPhysical Requirements:
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires frequent data entry, standing and walking for
extensive periods of time.
- Requires normal or corrected speech, hearing and vision.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or body
fluids.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Health Unit Coordinator - Adult Emergency Department, Healthcare , Niles, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!