Family Medicine Physician or Internal Medicine
Company: Axiad IDS
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Looking for a new career? We have a variety of professional
areas including management, finance, nursing and reception. Our
open positions are posted below. Advance inquiries and resumes are
We offer the following benefits to our staff:
- 403(b) with a 1% match
- Paid Time Off
- STDI/LTDI/Life Insurance (Company Paid)
- Continuing Education (Dependent Upon Position)
- Chance for Advancement
- Holiday Pay We are a Drug Free Workplace, this includes no
nicotine at or away from work. AxessPointe Community Health
Centers, Inc. PO Box 7695 / Akron, OH 44306 /
P: 888.975.9188 / F: 330.564.9984 2018 Akron Community Health
Resources, Inc., dba AxessPointe Community Health Centers. All
rights reserved. This health center receives HHS funding and has
Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed status with respect to
certain health or health-related claims, including medical
malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.
AxessPointe is committed to HRSA compliance, quality improvement,
and transparency of our quality metrics. Position: Family Medicine
Physician or Internal Medicine Location: Akron, OH
Job Id: 160-29-1069 # of Openings: 1 Our
locationsbetweenSummitandPortageCounties. SUMMARY: Under the
direction of the Medical Director, provides professional medical
services in the community-- health center. AxessPointe Community
Health Center (API) provides primary medical, dental and behavioral
health services in a holistic manner within the Summit County area.
MANAGER: Chief Medical Officer DUTIES, FUNCTIONS AND
- Performs physical examinations of new and existing patients and
determines x-ray examinations and-- --clinical laboratory tests
- Interprets examination findings and test results, and
implements treatment plans.
- Prepares and reviews case histories and obtains data through
- Provides continuing, comprehensive health maintenance and
medical care to the entire family unit, to-- --include preventive
medicine, behavioral sciences, and community health.
- Directs outpatient inpatient care and services; participate in
established call group.
- Promote patient-centered care through a team approach with
emphasis on quality and safety.
- Participates in surgical, obstetrical, gynecological, and
critical care procedures according to training-- --and demonstrated
- Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care
treatment provided at the direction of-- other specialists.
- Instructs other health care providers and non-medical personnel
in a variety of health related topics,-- including first-aid
measures, basic and advanced cardiac life support, and health care
- May teach family practice residents and medical students.
- Note: You may be asked to perform any of the job duties within
your respected scope of practice at any AxessPointe location (as
defined on HRSA Form 5B) depending on patient care need and current
clinical coverage. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of preventive
- Knowledge of the state-federal laws pertaining to medicine and
to HHS-HRSA regulations of-- community health centers.
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate clinical
decisions reflecting professional confidence and-- integrity.
- Skill in communicating effectively with patients and their
families; must be culturally sensitive.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with other employees, patients and the-- general
- Commitment to API mission, vision, and values.
- Computer efficiency and understanding of Electronic Health
Records (EHR). MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:--
- Graduation from a college or university accredited by the
American Medical Association with a Doctor of Medicine-- degree or
DO. Successful completion of an approved program of residency
training in family practice. LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- License to practice medicine in the State of Ohio.
- Board certification or Board Eligible in Family Practice
- C urrent DEA-- registration. COMPLIANCE: This position requires
compliance with AxessPointe Community Health Center, Inc. (API)'s
written standards,-- including its Compliance Program and Standards
of Conduct and policies and procedures. Such compliance will be an
element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.--
Failure to comply with API's Written Standards, which may include
the failure to report any conduct or event that potentially
violates legal or compliance requirements or API's Written
Standards or, for managers and supervisors, fails to detect
non-compliant conduct where reasonable efforts would have resulted
in detection, will be met by the enforcement of disciplinary
action, up to and including possible termination, in accordance
with API's Compliance Program Policy and Procedure: Addressing
Instances of Non-Compliance through Appropriate Disciplinary
Actions. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully-- perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.-- While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit,
and use hands to finger handle or feel; to talk; or hear. The
employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The
employee must occasionally stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to frequently
lift up to 25 pounds. The employee may occasionally be required to
lift 25 to 50 pounds; however, this is not essential; duties may be
shifted to accommodate lifting restrictions. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while-- performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.-- While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is frequently required to use close vision (clear vision at 20
inches or less). The employee will occasionally be working near
moving mechanical parts, be exposed to outdoor weather conditions
and exposed to a risk of electrical shock while running the copier,
printer, other standard equipment and answering the telephone. The
noise level in the work environment is low to moderate. Stress
level can be high at times.-- Note: This job description is not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities
or qualifications associated with the job.
Keywords: Axiad IDS, Akron , Family Medicine Physician or Internal Medicine, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!