Critical Care RN: Experienced, Nights
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Job Summary:ONA Bid Period: 11/23 - 12/1Under the direction of
the Sr Director or designee, the RN Critical Care is responsible
for providing nursing care in accordance with the Standards of Safe
Nursing Practice/Ohio Administrative Code and Understanding Scopes
of Practice/Ohio Board of Nursing and ANA Scope and Standards of
Care. The RN Critical Care is responsible for assessing, planning,
implementing and evaluating care for a given patient population
within the established standards and practices of Akron General
- ASSESSMENTS: Completes ongoing assessments.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient condition and
- PLANNING: Develops measurable goals for identified
- Updates goals for identified problems.
- Involves the patient/family (or designee) in developing a plan
of care individualized to patient cultural, religious and
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Provides nursing care based on patient-centered
outcomes and standards of care that are based on current research
and evidence-based practice.
- Administers patient care and treatments safely in accordance
with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional
- Administers medications safely in accordance with the Standards
of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy.
- Documents legibly using concise terms, correct terminology and
- EVALUATION: Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary
evaluation of patient/family outcomes and contributes to the
improvement of care.
- Participates in the quality improvement processes.
- LEADERSHIP/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Delegates
tasks/assignments to employees according to their ability and
within the scope of their job descriptions and according to the
Delegation by Licensed Nurses, Ohio Administrative Code.
- Serves as a resource person sharing knowledge/skills.
- Acts as a role model/mentor.
- Recognizes and acknowledges peer accomplishments.
- Accepts/receives constructive criticism.
- Participates in the Peer and Self-Review process.
- Pursues ongoing education and/or certification in
- Maintains membership in professional organizations.
- Involves self in professional development opportunities
including community activities.
- Adheres to values/guest service standards and Guiding
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains required
CPR (BLS and ACLS). Department specific: If assigned to ICU or PICU
satisfactorily completes TNCC certification within one year of
appointment. If assigned to CCU or CVSU satisfactorily completes
IABP certification within one year of employment. If assigned to
ICU or CVSU satisfactorily completes CVVHD training within one year
of appointment. Satisfactorily completes Critical Care course as
administered by Staff Development (if new grad or new to critical
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Department Specific Duties: Reviews and documents progress of
care and discharge goals with patient/family.
- Identifies need and accepts responsibility for becoming a
consistent caregiver for patients with complex care needs.
- Establishes priorities for delivery of patient care to
individual patients and for assigned group of patients.
- Participates in and documents patient care, discharge planning
and case management conferences.
- Communicates information regarding patient plan of care,
current outcomes, and acuity, at shift report.
- Using appropriate chain of command, communicates information in
a timely fashion to Director, physician, or Nursing Coordinator
regarding changes in patient condition and patient care/unit
- Performs in a calm and professional manner during crisis or
- Demonstrates satisfactory performance/understanding of
established and new routines, procedures, skills and
- Participates in research activities.
- Demonstrates ability to perform unit coordinator
responsibilities as assigned.
- Assists in orientation of registered nurses, licensed practical
nurses, and other hospital personnel.
- Participates in clinical instruction programs to provide
learning experiences for students.
- Serves on committees within the Department of Nursing,
participates in nursing grand rounds presentations, and remains
aware of activities of shared governance councils.
- Demonstrates understanding of emergency procedures, fire
drills, evacuation and internal/external disaster plans and
- Incorporates the use of Informatic tools, principles, theories,
and practices in the safe and effective delivery of care.
- Ensures JCAHO Core Measures related to nursing care are
achieved as applicable to patient diagnosis.
- Incorporates patient safety goals in daily practice.
- Works effectively to create and maintain a positive work
- Completes all paper and electronic records related to the
patient nursing care.
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, BSN
- Current licensed as a registered nurse in the state of
- If assigned to ICU or PICU satisfactorily completes TNCC
certification within one year of appointment.
- If assigned to CCU or CVSU satisfactorily completes IABP
certification within one year of employment.
- BLS and ACLS requiredComplexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Satisfactorily completes AGMC RN and Critical Care Unit
- Satisfactorily completes Critical Care course as administered
by Staff Development (if new grad or new to critical care
- Six months experience in nursing for CSU position.
- If assigned to ICU or CVSU satisfactorily completes CVVHD
training within one year of appointment.Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as requiredThe policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all
of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free
and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by
testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be
rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for
nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland
Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open
positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers
and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified
candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin,
age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a
disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic
protected by law. Information provided on this application may be
shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.Cleveland Clinic is
pleased to be an equal employment employer:
Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Critical Care RN: Experienced, Nights, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!