Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: October 13, 2020
About UsAkron Children s Hospital is one of the largest
independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the
best children s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our
dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year
through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations
offering primary and specialty care.We are leading the way to
healthier futures for children and communities through expert
medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a
teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other
universities, we train new generations of pediatricians,
specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part-time Nights/Third Shift
The Licensed Practical Nurse with Medication Designation License
assists in assessing, planning, and delivering nursing care for a
group of patients under the delegation of a Registered Nurse.
Assists in patient/family education as well as teaching staff
members within her own capabilities and under the direction of a
Registered Nurse. Provides to individuals and groups nursing care
requiring the application of basic knowledge of the biological,
physical, behavioral, social, and nursing sciences at the direction
of a licensed physician, dentist, podiatrist, chiropractor, or
registered nurse. Responsibilities:
1. Performs assessment duties.
2. Performs planning duties.
3. Performs nursing care delivery duties.
4. Participates in educational efforts of the department and
5. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs of
the patients served regardless of age and developmental status.
6. Other duties as required.
1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Graduate from an accredited school of practical
nursing is required.
2. Certification: Licensed Practical Nurse with Medication/IV
Designation licensure is required or eligible for
Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American Heart
Association is required.
If assigned to general care units, PEARS is required.
If assigned to critical care units, PALS, ACLS, TNCC, and/or NRP is
If assigned to ED, Surgical Services, Sedation Services,
Transitional Care/Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, and Transport, within 1
year of date of hire PALS, ACLS, TNCC, and/or NRP is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is required.
4. Years of experience supervising: None
Part Time FTE: 0.800000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: HOME HEALTH Associated topics: license, licensed,
licensed practical, licensed vocational nurse, lvn, lvn lpn, nurse
i, nurse ii, practical, practical nurse
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , LPN Homecare, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!