Medical Technologist Molecular Diagnostics
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 13, 2020
About UsAkron Children s Hospital is one of the largest
independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the
best children s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our
dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year
through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations
offering primary and specialty care.We are leading the way to
healthier futures for children and communities through expert
medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a
teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other
universities, we train new generations of pediatricians,
specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time, Days, Rotate Weekends and Holidays
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory tests to aid in
diagnosis and treatment of disease. Assists in the collection,
processing, and analysis of test ordered by a physician. Medical
Technologists can recognize interdependency of tests and have
knowledge of physiological conditions affecting test results which
are used by the physician to determine the presence, extent and
possible the cause of disease. Responsibilities:
1. Utilizes independent judgment in performing both routine and
complex laboratory tests using a variety of techniques,
instrumentation, and equipment in order to assist the physician in
the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
2. Exercises professional judgment in order to prioritize and
evaluate varying test requests efficiently.
3. Follow procedures for collecting and processing Biological
4. Performs analytical testing procedures with accuracy and
5. Demonstrates scientific knowledge of testing principles,
analytic procedures, and their results allowing for appropriate
interpretation in conjunction with disease and physiology.
Integrates multiple data to resolve problems.
6. Implements and monitors quality control, new equipment, and/or
7. Performs tasks efficiently and maintains work area.
8. Participates in education efforts of the department.
9. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psych/ social, educational, and safety needs of
the patients served regardless of age.
10. Other duties as required. Technical Expertise
1. Prior work experience in a clinical laboratory setting including
recent experience in multiple laboratory disciplines is
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor s degree in Medical Technology or other
science, with successful completion of an internship in Medical
Technology or equivalent experience in a laboratory as deemed
appropriate by ASCP and CLIA criteria required
2. Certification: Certification or eligibility for certification by
ASCP at the Technologist level or grandfather at the Technologist
level prior to 2004 is required. Certification obtained within 12
months from the start date in the position is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 or more years is
4. Years of experience supervising: None. Full Time FTE:
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH LAB Associated topics: hematopathology,
lab, laboratory, mlt, surgical technologist, technician ii,
technician iii, technologist, testing, toxicology
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Medical Technologist Molecular Diagnostics, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!