Reg Respiratory Therapist I
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: May 21, 2020
Akron Childrens Hospital is one of the largest independent
pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best
childrens hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated
staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2
hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary
and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and
communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention
and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio
Medical University and other universities, we train new generations
of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse
environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of
backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed,
included and can thrive.
(3) 12 hour shifts a week. (Primarily night shift)
Rotating Holidays and Weekends
The Registered Respiratory Therapist I assess, plans, implements,
evaluates and directs care for premature, pediatric, and adult
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs care for
premature, pediatric, and adult patients.
- Assesses the current status and immediate airway needs of the
critically ill neonate, pediatric, or adult patient in the
transport, intensive care, and general care environment.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety
needs of the patients served regardless of age.
- Participate in the education of ACH staff, patients, and
- Staff may be temporarily assigned to an area throughout the
Akron Childrens Hospital enterprise, based on patient needs
requiring similar knowledge and skill.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in respiratory care is required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
- Education: Graduate from an accredited School of Respiratory
- Certification: Registered Respiratory Therapist
credential/Current OH Respiratory Care Professional license is
required; Current Health Care Provider BLS training is required;
NRP, PALS, ACLS, and STABLE certification is required within 1 year
of hire and must be maintained throughout employment
- Years of relevant experience: 2 years is preferred; however,
new graduates are considered.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Reg Respiratory Therapist I, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!