Director, Sales Vertical Accounts, State and Local Government and Education, Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: May 25, 2023
At a glance:
- Are you an experienced SLED sales leader skilled at guiding a
team dedicated to maximizing revenue within strategic state, local
and education accounts?
- Can you lead a geographically-dispersed team while developing
and implementing engaging sales strategies and programs?
- Do you excel at working with large clients and deals while
managing a metrics driven sales program for smaller clients? Our
company: At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging
work environment that encourages our team members to reach their
full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations. Spectrum Enterprise, a part of
Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable,
fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and
communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise
portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions:
Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV
solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts
works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by
providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More
information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at
enterprise.spectrum.com. Highlights: As the Director of Sales for
the State and Local Government and Education (SLED) vertical, you
maximize sales revenue opportunities with your client and prospect
base. You focus on leading a geographically-dispersed team of sales
professionals through the development and implementation of
engaging sales strategies and programs selling Voice, Video, Data
and Managed Services solutions. You continuously improve your team
through coaching, development and the preparation of performance
reviews and evaluations. You are an entrepreneurial professional
that can effect change and manage growth using a sharp business
acumen, in-depth experience and decisive leadership skills. You
serve as an inspirational leader and role model across the Sales
function. You excel at directing your teams in an office
environment and travel regularly to spend time with your team and
their clients to achieve company objectives. You report to the Vice
President of Vertical Sales for goals and guidance. Position
- Competitive salary with a long-term incentive plan.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on Spectrum services where available. What
you will do:
- Encourage company-wide success through the active and
consistent support of all efforts to simplify and enhance the
- Exceed revenue targets, service levels and quality assurance by
developing and implementing innovative strategies and a detailed
- Improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness of sales and services
by managing the development and implementation of continuous
- Ensure a successful sales cycle through the definition of
strategic programs for business clients.
- Increase sales and client satisfaction by coaching your team on
consultative sales techniques and providing training support.
- Adhere to company-wide goals and objectives by collaborating
with executives and leadership team members.
- Maximize the Sales department by providing training support as
needed for internal team members.
- Enhance operations through the implementation of commercial
services product and procedure updates within a region.
- Communicate with senior leadership and key stakeholders by
attending conferences and meetings.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as assigned.
Required keys for success:
- Three or more years of telecommunications, internet service
provider (ISP) and high-speed data (HSD) experience.
- Four or more years of experience as a Sales Manager in a
business-to-business (B2B) environment emphasizing the Enterprise
- Ten or more years of general management experience in a
competitive sales environment.
- Demonstrated history of leadership positions in high-volume,
fast-paced environments requiring teamwork, flexibility and change
- Direct experience with strategic and major accounts
- Proven track record of budgeting, resource management,
communication and planning skills.
- Solid organizational development and business skills.
- Knowledgeable in telecommunications and networking
- Familiar with Salesforce or similar client resource management
- Valid and active state driver's license, a safe driving record
and the availability to travel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization. How you will stand out from the
- A passionate and client centric sales leader with a proven
history of placing the client at the center of every thought,
decision and action in order to drive top line revenue growth.
- Skilled at developing technology sales professionals to
effectively resolve client business issues.
- Track record of leading a metric driven go-to-market sales
- History of exceeding revenue targets and key performance
indicators (KPIs) through the development and implementation of
innovative sales strategies. Your education:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or an equivalent
combination of education, training and experience (required).
SCM761 337462-3 337462BR
Keywords: Spectrum, Akron , Director, Sales Vertical Accounts, State and Local Government and Education, Spectrum Enterprise, Government & Protective Services , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...