Company: Dealer Tire
Posted on: November 17, 2019
Who We AreWere Dealer Tire, a family-owned, international
distributor of tires and parts established in 1918 in Cleveland,
OH. Were laser focused on helping the worlds largest and most
trusted auto manufacturers grow their tire businessin fact, weve
sold more than 60 million tires to date. Were a thriving company,
and were looking for driven individuals to join our team. Thats
where you come in!Title: Director, TaxReports To: Chief Accounting
Officer & Vice President, AdministrationFLSA Status: ExemptDate
Created: 09/29/2019As a Director, Tax, your essential job functions
will include the following:
- Lead the development and implementation of the Companys tax
- Direct all U.S. federal and state income tax reporting,
including tax returns, book/tax differences, estimated payments,
quarterly tax distributions to partners, cash forecasting, tax
research and any related analysis/planning.
- Manage the preparation of foreign information returns (e.g.,
Forms 5471, 8858) and other forms as required.
- Lead the annual and quarterly global income tax provision
process in accordance with ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes,
including the identification and analysis of any local country tax
issues, book/tax differences, tax forecasting, and uncertain tax
- Prepare tax footnote disclosures for financial reporting and
supporting tax memos.
- Oversee the coordination/preparation of all international
income tax returns and estimated tax payments, and review the
return to provision calculations to identify the tax impact to the
- Manage the indirect tax function, including sales and use tax,
property tax, franchise and other business taxes.
- Identify and implement domestic and foreign tax planning
opportunities to minimize both GAAP and cash taxes.
- Provide tax leadership for strategic transactions, such as
acquisitions, divestitures, and restructuring, including tax due
diligence and analysis of the income tax impact and related
- Develop the Companys transfer pricing policies and procedures.
Manage the completion and review of all transfer pricing
- Identify process and efficiency improvement opportunities
including but not limited to use of technology for data collection
- Manage the coordination of federal and state income/franchise
- Actively monitor changes to US and foreign tax laws and
regulations to determine the tax reporting and financial statement
- Manage the coordination of SOX reporting and controls for all
income tax processes. Establish and maintain the tax department
policies and procedures.
- Develop the Companys tax organization, including a balanced
approach for leveraging both in-house tax associates and
third-party tax consultants.
- Participate in special projects, as needed.Leadership,
Mentoring and Coaching
- Provide leadership, coaching and development opportunities for
all team members. Communicate operational priorities, objectives,
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
- Complete a performance evaluation of each team member and
recommend appropriate action such as promotions, counseling and
- Determine staffing needs, interview potential candidates, and
hire associates.Other Duties as AssignedPosition Qualifications
- Bachelors degree with a major in Accounting/Finance
- CPA and/or Masters in Taxation preferred.
- 10+ years of corporate tax experience or equivalent public
accounting experience required. Experience with partnership
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in tax accounting and
related financial reporting.
- Knowledge of international, federal, international, state and
local income tax compliance and experience in preparing tax returns
- Ability to research tax issues and implement changes needed to
comply with existing tax laws or new tax legislation.
- Experience with a major ERP system preferred, i.e., Oracle,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with
individuals at all organizational levels, as well as the ability to
interact effectively with federal, state and local tax
- Results Orientation
- InfluencePhysical Job Requirements
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Continuous viewing from and inputting data to a computer
- Travel as required, up to 10%.Why Dealer Tire: An amazing
opportunity to join a growing organization, built on the efforts of
hard working, innovative, and team-oriented people. We offer a
competitive salary + bonus, and a comprehensive benefit package
including: paid time off, medical, dental, vision, and 401k
matching (50% on the dollar up to 7% of employee contribution). EOE
Statement Dealer: Tire is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political
affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in
compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act*), or any other
legally protected status, with respect to employment opportunities.
*ADA Disclosure: Any candidate who feels that they may need an
accommodation to complete this application, or any portions of
same, based on the impact of a disability should contact Dealer
Tires Human Resources Department to discuss your specific needs.
Please feel free to contact us at ADAAAccommodation@dealertire.com
or via phone at 833-483-8232.Steeped in integrity and tradition,
weve been owned and operated by the Mueller family since 1918. By
dedicating ourselves to automotive manufacturers and their dealers,
we took a different approach to the tire business. With innovative
programs designed to increase customer satisfaction, safety, and
retention, weve made it easy and profitable for them to grow their
businesses while making people safer on the road.LEGAL
DOCUMENTS:Click the following link if applying for a position in
Alabama; Arizona; Georgia; Mississippi; South Carolina; Tennessee;
San Francisco, California; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; or the
Corporate office in Cleveland, Ohio. Federal and State Required
Keywords: Dealer Tire, Akron , Director, Tax, Executive , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!