VP, Assistant Controller
Company: Signet Jewelers
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this role will manage the
day-to-day accounting operations of Signet North America company
and coordination with international subsidiary accounting and
reporting activities.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitor the maintenance the integrity of the internal controls
over financial reporting in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly consolidations and
- Plan, develop and implement effective accounting strategies in
accordance with evolving regulatory, legal, and governmental
requirements and industry trends
- Maintain all foreign statutory reporting requirements
- Manage all SEC reporting, including annual and quarterly
filings, as well as support annual proxy process.
- Assist with process improvement efforts including streamlining
close process, implementation, and continuing improvements to ERP
- Assist with due diligence and purchase accounting activities,
including reporting out to the companys senior management team
- Develop and monitor effective policies and procedures for the
- Oversight of Consolidations and Equity
- Help manage reporting functions, including preparation of
financial statements, assistance with internal reporting, and
preparation of Board of Director financial materials
- Serve as central point of contact for annual audit
- Provide technical accounting support as needed in complex
accounting areas such revenue recognition, tax accounting, and
purchase accounting. This includes working with the various
departments to implement agreed-upon resolutions. Lead adoption of
new accounting pronouncements.
- Forge strong cross-functional working relationships within the
- Integrate the accounting and reporting operations of R2net and
manage the accounting going forward.QUALIFICATIONSEducational
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting/Finance required from
an accredited University/College
- MBA in Finance/Accounting preferredExperience/Knowledge/Skills
- A minimum of five (5) years operating at a Sr Manager/Director
- 7-10 years performing General Ledger responsibilities,
including corporate consolidations and reporting.
- Experience in drafting audited financial statements (P&L,
Balance Sheet, Cash flows along with all required footnotes).
- A minimum of three years of prior retail experience is
required. Prefer 5-7 years in retail industry.
- Prior experience interacting at the most senior levels of the
- Possesses strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP, and
- Strong ability to understand and explain impact of market
developments on Signet results, and translate into
- Strong execution skills, advanced analytical proficiency, and a
high degree of technical skills within Finance and/or
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley 404 compliance/strong internal
control design and implementation.
- High capacity for strategic thought and ability to resolve
complex accounting issues, timely and accurately.
- Strong attention to detail in analytical assessments;
experienced in developing and maintaining high quality reports and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Must be able to travel throughout the country to meet with
Dallas Support Center Finance and operational leaders, auditors,
clients, and investor community.
- Must be able to participate in meetings for extended periods of
time.Employee Contract TypeAt Signet, we are a people Company. Our
Mission "Celebrate Life, Express Love." and our Core Values guide
how we treat customers and all Team Members.We're ONE Company,
proud of our rich heritage, international presence, marketing
leadership through our successful retail brands, and well planned
vision for continued growth and success.Our shared commitment to
continually improve and to work hard for our customers and one
another creates opportunity for each of us.
Keywords: Signet Jewelers, Akron , VP, Assistant Controller, Executive , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!