Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 9, 2019
About UsAkron Children's Hospital is one of the largest independent
pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best
children's hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated
staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2
hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary
and specialty care.We are leading the way to healthier futures for
children and communities through expert medical care, research, and
prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of
Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train
new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and
pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.Shift
Information: Day JobPosition Summary:
- Leads multiple IT projects with complex objectives and
- Assists with contract negotiation and compliance.
- Leads estimation of budget or effort if required, and works
with other leaders to collect and incorporate their budget or
- Determines resource requirements (including staffing, software,
hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project
- Plans and scopes all project phases and components ensuring
projects are on schedule and within scope.
- Works with project teams to define testing plans and to help
organize testing phases and cycles if testing is required.
- Creates contingency plans with appropriate input from key team
members and sponsors and implements a revised project schedule,
scope or budget in a timely manner.
- Monitors assigned projects and provides summary status reports
- Develops and maintains an excellent working knowledge of Akron
Children's Hospital IT and IT interoperability issues and
- Utilizes project management software and tools. This position
reports up to the Enterprise Project Manager Office. Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Information Services or bachelor degree in
related field required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience is preferred.
- Project Management Institute (PMP) certification required.
- Thorough knowledge of project management methodology and
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Strong planning, organization, analysis, critical thinking,
problem solving, and decision making skills required with an
emphasis on attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple
- Experience managing large and/or multiple projects
- Experience assisting in and/or leading contract
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Experience with Eclipse or other project management software
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), as well as SharePoint for project
collaboration and file management.
- Ability to lead and influence project teams.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision. Due
to the need for face-to-face meetings, the ability to physically
move between campus buildings expeditiously to attend project and
business meetings and to work with clients in any area of the
campus is preferred.Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal
Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans,
and Individual with Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy
paste the link below to learn more:
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Project Manager, Executive , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!