Regional Medical Director (Non-Clinical Medical Director) in Akron, OH at Healthstat, Inc.
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Healthstat is a leading provider of on-site primary care, high
health risk intervention, chronic condition management and
occupational medical care services in employer facilities. Through
on-site centers, preventative care, wellness programs and
comprehensive reporting, Healthstat alleviates a corporation's
rising cost of healthcare by improving the health of its employees
and dependents. Healthstat currently manages more than 300 clinics
nationwide serving over 200,000 participants.
Healthstat's professional providers aid employees with reaching
personal health improvement goals. Our positions offer a unique
opportunity to be directly involved with improving employee health
with a singular commitment to wellness.
Healthstat is seeking a qualified Regional Medical Director looking
to be an integral part of our culture where people come first, and
we strive to make a difference. Personal health is our priority!!
Our clinics generate healthy and happy employees!
- Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in
the health centers;
- Works in tandem with Operations Director to ensure a
collaborative, team-oriented environment;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of medical care and monitors
progress of patients;
- Participate in the development of annual health center goals
- Maintain electronic medical records;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of medical care; schedules follow up
visits and/or phone calls;
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal
scope of practice;
- Leads and motivates medical providers in the health center
environment; uses effective medical and performance management
- Participate in the development of policies and guidelines
(clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the
- Collaborates with other health center staff to ensure clinical
alignment and scope of practice based on evidence-based data;
- Establishes communication mechanisms to deliver consistent and
timely communication of directives, best practices, regulatory and
medical research updates to health center staff;
- Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values of
Healthstat and client company;
- Coordinates and researches continuing educational opportunities
for the development of staff within the health center;
- Ensure the use of standardized and consistent medical
procedures/processes within the health center;
- Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of all personnel to
ensure quality and fit of candidates;
- Teach/train precepts and provide mentoring to site physicians
and staff providers;
- Oversee and provides evidence-based process improvement
recommendations to ensure quality of care;
- Oversee ERT and disaster planning
- Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process being
mindful of Risk Management and mitigation, quality, compliance and
- Perform annual evaluations of all physicians and providers with
input from the Operations Director.
- Perform Supervising Physician role for any providers at the
Health Centers licensed in the same state.
- Other duties as assigned, as well as---other projects, as
required to address specific medical needs---
Health Risk Assessment Services
- Maintain an awareness of any current occupational health risks
by conducting periodic walk-through surveys of all areas of the
plant/facility (suggested minimum - bi-annually), observing jobs,
processes, equipment, work practices environmental conditions and
assessing hazardous substance utilization/production.
- Be familiar with specific jobs in the plant, their physical
requirements, and their potential for creating injury to the
- Have an understanding of, and compliance with, OSHA, NIOSH and
the Company's Environmental Health &Safety Guidelines.
- Have an awareness of and promote the Company's health
promotional activities and Employee Assistance Program.
External Professional Community Relationships
- As required, pro-actively communicate with outside physicians
to ensure their understanding of the types of work client company
does and the importance the Company attaches to encouraging
employees to return to work as soon as they are mentally and
- Maintain good community relations by establishing liaison with
city and/or state health authorities and community agencies on
matters of industrial hygiene/occupational health and preventive
health importance to the plant/facility, as necessary.
- Understand the concepts of and participate in the reporting of
incident recording, incidence rate, severity rate, and lost time
accidents; and be familiar with the concerns of management around
- Manage the follow-up of complicated Workers Compensation and
Disability Benefit case review, and in general, be pro-active in
employee absence control.
- Participate in bi-weekly case management meetings with medical
- Make presentations to periodic safety and health promotion
meetings as appropriate.
- Meet with the plant leadership and/or business team(s) on a
regular basis to enhance knowledge of technological
- Minimum---educational requirement: MD or DO degree, Board
Certified in Occupational Health by the AOA or ABMS---
- 5 years minimum experience in Occupational Medicine, with a
minimum of 2 years of Medical Director or similar leadership
- Proven track record for improving workforce health and
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with
individuals at all levels of the organization,---both internal and
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence
credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization,
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state within which
the---Medical Center---is located---
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) certification
- Willing to travel to health center locations
- Department of Transportation (DOT) certification
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, age,
marital status, or handicap.
Keywords: Healthstat, Akron , Regional Medical Director (Non-Clinical Medical Director) in Akron, OH at Healthstat, Inc., Executive , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!