Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: June 26, 2019
PCC Airfoils, LLC, headquartered in Greater Cleveland, Ohio, is a
world leader in the fast-paced, high-tech industry of investment
casting. Each of the sixteen (16) Airfoils locations play an
integral part in the manufacture of blades, vanes and components
for use in gas turbine engines. PCC s parts are found on virtually
all commercial & military aircraft, as well as, industrial gas
turbine applications in the free world. Our product plays a
significant role in the evolution of the light-weight,
fuel-efficient engines of the next generation.
The Airfoils Division is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Precision
Castparts Corp. and was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in February
2016. The company currently has an overall sales volume of over $10
Billion, employing in excess of 30,000 individuals throughout 130
locations in the U.S. and worldwide. PCC is seeking individuals
with high personal and professional standards who will thrive in a
fast-paced, goal oriented work environment.
The Ceramics Group segment of PCC Airfoils and consists of three
manufacturing locations - Wickliffe, Ohio, which also serves as
Ceramics headquarters, Cleveland, Ohio, and Sanford, NC. The
Ceramics Group operations supply ceramic cores and proprietary
custom blended ceramic particulate systems used in the
manufacturing of the investment castings. Products and systems
manufactured in these operations include: custom blended ceramic
shell systems, injection molded silica and alumina cores for
investment cast airfoils, slurry cast cores for land-based turbine
casting applications and ceramic extrusions. The operations are
expanding due to sales volume increase and this provides unique
opportunities for career growth and development:
* Develops manufacturing plans and maintains production
* Supervises allocation of material, manpower and equipment
* Ensure adherence to process control procedures, operating
instructions, and all quality control instructions.
* Responsible for safe manufacturing quality product with minimal
scrap or rework, while meeting customer specifications and delivery
* Ensures that the legal requirements and company safety policy are
* Establishes and executes annual operating budgets for area under
supervision. Responsible to make or beat the budget. Takes
appropriate action to correct deviations from budgets or operating
* Prepares and reviews budget allocations and insures profitable
operation of plant, including cost reduction programs.
* Formulates long and short-range strategies for continuous
improvements for all plant manufacturing functions.
* Control quality, delivery, cost of production, work in process
levels, and monitors production through manufacturing planning.
* Recommends and purchases new equipment for expansion, efficiency,
cost reductions, quality or improvement.
* Maintains and enhances a team environment and motivates the
Mentor production workforce.
* Maintains favorable employee relations through interaction with
the Human Resources Manager.
* The ability to handle high stress associated with high activity
with tight deadlines.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor s degree in business or engineering related
* Extensive training in manufacturing, accounting, manufacturing
processes leadership, group motivation and behavior.
* Advanced working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques and
philosophies, 5S, TOC, Six Sigma and problem solving.
* Background in related area of Engineering, Operations, and
* Successful experience in related production operations with a
minimum 10 years in supervision and management.
* This position reports directly to the General Manager
We are always seeking individuals with high personal and
professional standards who will thrive in a fast-paced
goal-oriented work environment. We are a company that fosters
personal development, supports individual creativeness and leads
the industry in our manufacturing processes. We take pride in
creating a culture of winning daily while providing a rewarding
place to work.
Benefits Offered: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Quarterly Bonus,
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement & 401(k)
with company match. Visit our website www.pccairfoils.com for
PCC Airfoils, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives
consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you d like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law,
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Akron , Operations Manager, Executive , Wickliffe, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!