Manager, Supply Chain Planning
Company: The J. M. Smucker Company
Posted on: April 16, 2019
For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought
families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a
vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted
food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives,
Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer
and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging,
on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands
include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Caf
Bustelo , R.W. Knudsen Family , Sahale Snacks , Smucker's
Uncrustables , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet
snacks, its brands include Rachael Ray Nutrish , Meow Mix ,
Milk-Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and Nature s Recipe
. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality,
People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder
and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about
our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Manager, Supply Chain Planning
Orrville, OH (Close proximity to Akron/Cleveland)
Vice President, Integrated Business Planning
* Provide direction to JMS Fruit Processing Plants, 3PLs, Fruit
Co-packer(s) in fulfilling intermediate Fruit requirements and
* Manage direct report(s) performance and career framework
* Determine the intermediate Fruit annual production quota and
deployment activities required at multiple production sites which
contribute to the successful adherence of corporate inventory
targets and service level expectations.
* Manage the Company s Cold Storage Warehouse network budget
* Create and publish monthly and annual inventory projections to
* Evaluate requests to verify supply in support of new product
launches, line extensions, etc.
* Influence fruit formula changes/transitions across the Fruit
network to consume inventory and minimize obsolescence.
* Facilitate semiannual Processing Business Reviews that include
Fruit Processing leadership and other cross functional areas as
* Coordinate cross functionally with internal JMS teams (Marketing,
Product Development, Manufacturing, Corporate Purchasing, Corporate
Warehousing and Transportation) to meet/exceed overall company
* Continuous Improvement Leader - Identify and recommend relevant
improvement opportunities across the Fruit sourcing network to
improve visibility and overall performance of the Fruit Planning
* Establish and maintain inventory targets across the entire Fruit
Network network to meet/exceed company standards and specific
business requirements (comprehend value of inventory and influence
impact to bottom line.)
* Actively participate in weekly and monthly Fruit Processing
Operational reviews and provide operational perspective as
* Report key performance metrics at Fruit Locations and participate
in quarterly scorecard reviews with 3PL Warehouses.
* Act as primary point of contact for all projects involving
Marketing, Quality, R&D, and plant operations.
* Manage product quality, execution and relationships between cold
storage warehouses and fruit co-packers.
* Bachelors Degree required, Supply Chain or related degree
* APICS certification a plus
* 4-5 years of related experience with emphasis on Production
Planning, Supply Planning, Operations
* System knowledge in Oracle, Discoverer, Production Planning
Systems, Raw Material Fruit Requirements, Purchasing(P2P) Vista,
Manugistics or other relative supply chain planning systems.
* Project management experience or familiarity with project
management concepts and principles helpful but not required.
* Ability to build/maintain relationships with corporate and remote
* Excellent analytical skills & strong desire to identify
* Ability to develop and recommend process and system
* Manage multiple projects while being mindful of deadlines
* Accuracy and attention to details
* Out of the box problem solving skills
* Strong communication/relationship building skills
* Excellent organizational abilities
* Decision making skills
* Self-motivated, takes initiative
* Ability to handle multiple tasks across various functional
* Ability to travel as needed
* Awareness and appreciation for different cultures
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in
any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status,
disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status,
or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state
or local law.
Keywords: The J. M. Smucker Company, Akron , Manager, Supply Chain Planning, Executive , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!