Director of QA
Company: Dr. B
Posted on: March 20, 2023
As a Director of QA, you will implement policies and procedures for the software quality assurance function. Evaluates and monitors tools, methodologies, and automation to ensure effective testing and identification of defects. The Director of QA oversees integration, E2E and user acceptance testing efforts. This individual will be a change agent in our transformation to building, inspiring and guiding quality engineering teams to deliver best-in-class test automation frameworks.
Illustrative duties may include, but are not restricted to, one or more of the following:
- You will be responsible for providing direction to your team members, establishing and improving testing processes and strategies to ensure exceptional quality and end-user experience
- Will be driving automation efforts to improve overall engineering efficiency with particular focus on test automation, performance testing, continuous integration and delivery
- Guiding the team in design and implementation of test plans, reporting on the quality of products, and mentoring and coaching your team
- You should be comfortable with leading the team to test complex and new technologies and ready to roll up your sleeves and work through technical challenges with your team
- Scale the QA team to build and deliver world-class SAAS products, set clear goals and lead collaborative alignment across the company
- You will be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment in which you will be developing and cultivating partnerships with many cross-functional teams
- Collaborate closely with Development, Product and QA teams to deliver software releases with an ever-increasing level of quality
- Drive key metrics around quality, including how quality is reported at each step of the development lifecycle
- Compiles and reports key performance indicators to the Executive Leadership Team
- Enable effective decision making and risk/return tradeoffs using quantitative and qualitative quality metrics
- Responsible for working with HR to create well-defined career paths and opportunities for members of the QA organization.
- Teamwork - Brings about, causes or influences a joint action by several people to achieve a desired result. Understands others quickly and can find common ground. Practices attentive and active listening. Has patience to hear people out and can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he or she disagrees. Provides the information people need to know, enabling them to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team.
- Time Management - Manages one's own time. Organizes and prioritizes while effectively working within scheduled time frames.
- Instructing - Teaches others how to do something in a clear and concise manner that is effective and easy to understand.
- Technical Learning - Picks up on technical concepts quickly. Eagerly learns new skills and knowledge. Learns new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge and does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Critical Thinking - Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Systems Analysis - Determines how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation - Identifies measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Education: BS/BTech degree in Computer Science or a technical related field
Keywords: Dr. B, Akron , Director of QA, Executive , Akron, Ohio
here to apply!