Case Manager (Full-Time, covers multiple counties) SSVF
Company: Family and Community Services Inc
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Supportive Services for Veteran Families - office is located in Akron and covers multiple counties including Summit, Portage, Trumbull, Geauga, Stark, Medina, Lorain, Mahoning, Ashtabula.
Full-Time 40 hours/week
Schedule: Determined on a case by case basis
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Community-based case manager for homeless and at-risk veterans experiencing housing crises.
1. Travels to community locations where homeless and at-risk veterans congregate to ensure effective local outreach.
2. Assesses needs, risks, and obstacles applicable to household stability and long-term permanent housing.
3. Assures the provision of financial assistance for homeless prevention or rapid re-housing services as needed and requested.
4. Assures that participant housing is habitable according to established organizational standards.
5. Coordinates and brokers community resources that meet individual needs.
6. Assists participants in developing realistic and achievable housing plans that focus on housing stability and include measurable action steps and timetables.
7. Maintains regular contact with the household including childcare assessments, crisis intervention, referrals, and ongoing life skills development.
8. Assesses progress toward goals, updating and modifying individual service plans as needed.
9. Documents and records all significant interventions, diagnostic action steps, progress reports, utilization of referral services.
10. Collects and provides required data for the HMIS database.
11. Actively participates in regular SSVF Coordinating Team meetings for the purpose of program consistency, monitoring and effectiveness.
12. Provides crises intervention when necessary.
13. Applies Housing First and Motivational Interviewing best practice models in service delivery approach.
14. Participates in community-wide events promoting services for veterans.
15. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations, federal and state requirements, and educational/certification/registry requirements.
16. Other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
2. Willingness to learn and apply best practice models as appropriate
3. Valid Ohio Driver's License and ability to meet agency requirements for driving insurability if applicable; reliable transportation
4. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation).
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: College level coursework in human services or related field preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Experience with the issues of homelessness, domestic violence, chemical dependency, mental health preferred. Experience working with veterans preferred.PI207116367
Keywords: Family and Community Services Inc, Akron , Case Manager (Full-Time, covers multiple counties) SSVF, Executive , Akron, Ohio
here to apply!