Director Risk Manager
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Full Time40 Hours/weekMonday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pmHybrid, 3
days a week onsite -
The Risk Manager plans, organizes, directs, and controls the Risk
Management Program for the Hospital. - -This role will oversee
patient advocates and reports to the Chief Legal Officer.
1. Adds value as a key member of management; understands the
business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
2. Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and
develops, and manages performance to company goals and
3. Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain
4. Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the Risk Management
Program for the Hospital.
5. Manages the organization and administration of risk management
activities including analyzing and managing claims made against the
company, interfacing with defense counsel, managing and analyzing
risk management data, conducting risk assessments on clinical
practice and care design processes, and conducting risk management
6. The Risk Manager is vital in developing and monitoring risk
management strategies and action plans to minimize the risk of
injury to patients, visitors and staff and loss or damage to
property. Identify and analyze potential risks.
7. Appropriately communicates with the Legal, Finance, and other
appropriate internal departments regarding risk management
8. Works in conjunction with the Quality Services in the design and
implementation of policies and procedures related to loss
prevention, patient safety, risk mitigation and patient rights.
9. Administering Risk Management Program
10. Other duties as required. -Other information:
1. Experience in experience in Risk Management, Quality Assurance,
Medical Malpractice and/or general claims resolution is
2. Experience with casualty claims, loss control and liability
insurance management is preferred.
3. Experience with conflict resolution and interviewing skills is
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization is
5. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in Nursing or other clinical health
related field is required. Master's degree or Juris Doctor is
2. Certification: CPHRM certification within two years is
3. Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
-Full Time -FTE: 1.000000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Director Risk Manager, Executive , Fairlawn, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!