Product Manager - Hardline Products
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Product Manager - Hardline Products
Hybrid work environment - must be able to commute to office in
Akron, OH at least one day per week.
About The Role
As a Product Manager for Tributary Supply, you will be responsible
for the development of new products, as well as identifying
improvements for existing product line. Your responsibilities will
include the financial, engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing
aspects involved in the planning and successful market introduction
of these products. You will be tasked with achieving profit margin,
revenue, and key operational targets. The Product Manager will take
ownership of product expertise and marketing knowledge in our key
hardline product categories.
What You Will Do
- Oversee the development of product strategy across multiple
channels and brands.
- Supervise the development of new products, packaging, signage,
and other merchandising collateral.
- Lead in the development of product roadmaps and user stories
across multiple channels and brands.
- Confirm that product features, benefits and specifications are
easily accessible to the customer via online descriptions,
packaging and user manuals - ensuring that user manuals contain
clear instructions for the end user.
- Work in partnership with creative teams to design and develop
product messaging to the customer and end user, as well as managing
packaging choices for new product launches.
- Maintain current knowledge of market trends, technologies,
competitors, customer base, market size, channels of distribution,
market share of product lines, industry trade associations, and
required product certifications for developing business in a
targeted market segments.
- Manage the product development process by collaborating with
creative, engineering and operations for both new and existing
products across all market segments for assigned product
- Consult with channel managers, sales, finance and manufacturing
for most effective and profitable pricing of products.
- Achieve profit margin, revenue, and key operational
What You Bring To The Table
- 3 + years of experience in product or account management,
preferably in the retail and home improvement industry.
- Experience with developing vendor relationships with Big Box
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and
- Occasional domestic travel (:15%) with potential for
- Desire to work in a growing, entrepreneurial environment.
- History of driving successful results by managing with vision
and purpose using a self-developed strategic product line plan and
detailed market segmentation.
- Significant contribution to driving above market performance of
product lines using commercialization tactics through a complex
distribution network and direct sales force.
- Self-driven, self-managed with an entrepreneurial spirit.
What We Offer
- 100% Company-Paid medical, dental and life insurance.
- 401(k) plan with a 100% match up to 3% of contribution, and
profit sharing eligibility.
- Eligible for variable annual bonus.
- Work alongside some of the best industry professionals where
your voice is heard and your contribution is vital.
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities.
- Choice of computer: Mac or PC.
Who We Are
Tributary Supply consistently develops new lines of product for Big
Box retailers including: Amazon, Lowes, The Home Depot, Ace
Hardware and others. We provide continuous market analysis, from
new developments to competitor program changes; perform market
studies with well reputed professional agencies; custom package and
containerize to reduce freight and minimize cost; patent
development and patent research, and provide our clients with
weekly reporting on ROI, turns, sales, inventory and margin
Keywords: Emerge, Akron , Product Manager - Hardline Products, Executive , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!