Sr Director Operations, Akron Children's Health Collaborative
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since
1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's
best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses,
regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care
locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy
families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our
health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient
encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the
hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our
Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home
visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for
students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care
Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here
for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at
akronchildrens.org . OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason Prior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement. We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
thrive. Hybrid, work from home & on site in Akron. - Summary:
The Senior Director of Operations assumes responsibility for the
operational management of Akron Children's Health Collaborative
(ACHC). Operational management includes those departments that
provide data and analytics support, activities that support the
internal ACH and external Provider outreach network and management
efforts, contracting services and financial processes that support
the mission of ACHC. Collaborates with the Senior Director of Care
Management and Chief Population Health Officer in the planning and
directing of the administrative and clinical operations,
contracting, finance, and business development for care management
and care coordination operations within the sub-capitation model
hosted by Akron Children's Health Collaborative (ACHC).
- Supervises assigned management teams and provides direction,
coaches, mentors, trains, develops and manages performance of each
department and to overall ACHC goals and expectations.
- Ensures the work environment is one that promotes employee
engagement and retention and actively involves employees in work
- Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain
- Provides visionary goals and strategic plans for designated
- Provides analytics support to support the delivery of quality
care to patients.
- Coordinates compliance processes associated with sub-capitation
contracts and regulation and provides adherence to same.
- Responsible for planning and directing the administrative,
operations, contracting, finance, and business development to allow
for adherence to the mission and program goals.
- Plans, develops, implements, and monitors department and
corporate policies, performance standards, goals, and
- Evaluates and implements necessary quality improvement,
customer service, programmatic growth, payor contracts and
accreditation programs on a consistent basis.
- Works collaboratively with the Medical Director in supporting
the Provider network.
- Coordinates compliance with ACH and ACHC corporate
- Carries out the leadership and administrative responsibilities
of management in an accurate, timely and results oriented
- Other duties as required Other information:
- Experience: Acts Key member of management, understands the
business, financials, industry, customers, and strategy.
- Experience: Director level healthcare management experience is
- Demonstrates skill in leadership, interpersonal and
communication skills, business, professional accountability,
advocacy, relationship management and networking.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is
- Demonstrates excellence in coordinating activities and
multi-tasking is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point) is
required. Education and Experience
- Education: MBA, MHA or advanced degree in clinical or business
- Experience: A minimum of 7 years of healthcare or health
insurance industry experience required.
- Experience: Working in a management capacity in an organization
managing value based/sub-capitation is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: 5 years supervising
professional level and/or professional level clinical employees is
required. Full Time FTE: 1.000000 Akron Children's Hospital is an
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected
Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. EEO is the law, please
click/copy paste the link below to learn more:
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Sr Director Operations, Akron Children's Health Collaborative, Executive , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!