Assistant Nurse Manager HOPS NE
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Provides clinical supervision to nursing personnel within
diagnostic and therapeutic service departments providing care to
hospitalized patients. Assumes responsibilities of Nurse Manager in
- Manages the day to day operations of ambulatory procedural
settings caring for hospitalized patients.
- Oversees nursing personnel and patient care providers in
procedural settings to ensure quality of care.
- Anticipates and resolves patient care issues.
- Ensures continuity of patient care by actively participating in
and facilitating communication and collaboration among and between
department staff and other departments re: operational issues.
- Reviews major operational patient care issues with Nurse
- Provides ongoing clinical evaluation of nurses and other direct
and indirect patient care providers on assigned unit/area.
- Counsels employees on performance issues, administers initial
corrective actions, collaborates in monitoring attendance
- Alerts Nurse Manager of significant clinical or other
- Participates in interviewing, selecting and appraising the
performance of employees.
- Monitors the adherence to EEO/AAP goals and guidelines.
- Administers Nursing Institute, departmental and CC policies and
- Monitors daily clinical operations of outpatient clinics
(patient flow, staffing, supplies, etc.).
- Prepares schedule of work assignment assuring adequate coverage
on all shifts.
- Participates in and supports quality improvement projects,
outcomes studies and research initiatives.
- Assists in orienting new personnel, continuing education and
in-service educational programs.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- BSN required.
- Strong demonstrated clinical knowledge and skills; good oral,
written and interpersonal skills, strong analytical and
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA)Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Ability to function in a variety of medical situations.
- Professional behavior/appearance required, ability to focus on
patient safety, teamwork, patient outcomes, patient experience and
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.Work
- Minimum of three year's clinical experience.Physical
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Assistant Nurse Manager HOPS NE, Executive , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!