Manager Speech Pathology
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 22, 2021
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Manager Speech Pathology develops and implements department
strategic plan; inclusive of oversite of activities at regional
1. Adds value as a key member of management; understands the
business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
2. Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and
develops, and manages performance to company goals and
3. Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain
expenditure controls for capital equipment, personnel, and expense
4. Develops, implements, maintains, and monitors operations to meet
the needs of Hospital patients and departments.
5. Oversees and actively participates with patient complaint
follow-up and patient satisfaction processes and resolves issues,
as appropriate; acts as first line response to customer service
issues involving business operations.
6. Oversees performance improvement, continuing education, training
and development, and fosters working relationships with
disciplines/departments within the Hospital and regional sites.
7. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety
needs of the patients served regardless of age.
8. Other duties as required.-Technical Expertise
1. Experience in pediatric speech pathology is required.
2. Experience in supervision/management is required.
3. Experience in financial operations/management is preferred.
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization is
5. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required. Proficiency with Epic or another EMR system
Education and Experience
1. Education: Master's degree in Speech Pathology is required.
2. Certification: Licensed Speech Pathologist is required; National
Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Pathology is
3. Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: 3 to 5 years is preferred.-Full
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH REHAB
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Manager Speech Pathology, Executive , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!