Divisional Vice President - Operations Zale Banner
Company: Signet Jewelers
Posted on: April 8, 2021
The Divisional Vice President (DVP) is an Operations executive
with responsibility to lead, manage and achieve high margin growth
of the Division. The position reports to the EVP Global Store
Operations and requires collaboration with all other banners, as
well as other business units. The position requires managing
multiple hierarchal teams in multiple locations across North
America. Responsible for ensuring that the assigned team meets and
exceeds established goals within the assigned geographic market
territory. Serves as an essential key figure in the development of
the culture, the DVP is required to lead by example, promoting
ethical conduct and compliance with the laws and Company policies
and procedures, exercising clear and unequivocal leadership. This
leader will be the catalyst for generating the energy and
excitement in the field for their team and those that support that
team to drive the brand to new levels.
- Responsible for day-to-day management and oversight of the
business to include sales, operations, finance, team development,
customer experience quality, and competitive strategy.
- Monitors and evaluates team's performance and ensures that each
of them has the tools and support to achieve a successful selling
- Monitor, react and respond to the team's activity.
- Proactively manage performance and address all short comings
quickly so as to redirect or take appropriate action in conjunction
with human resource guidelines and recommendations.
- Ensure team member compliance with laws, regulations, and
company policies. Ensure that the team is up to date and utilizing
the Company Training Programs and selling procedures.
- Disseminate pertinent knowledge through management chain to
ensure transparency and clarity on Company goals and
- Create a highly engaged team environment which drives
innovation and productivity.
- Maintains a safe, professional, diverse, and inclusive work
environment where all team members feel welcomed and valued.
- Appropriately escalate management issues and risks to
management and/or Human Resources.
- Oversee Vice Presidents of Regional Operations for assigned
division. Periodic travel to conduct store visits with Vice
Presidents of Regional Operations or District Managers to monitor
field effectiveness, competency and environment.
- Adhere to the Company Code of Conduct and Core Values during
interactions with others.
- Serve as a role model by living the Company's Core values.
- Responsible for the application and adherence to Company
policies and procedures in support of the Company's business
objectives and the company's Customer First philosophy.
- As a Brand Ambassador, the DVP is responsible for sound
decision making in support of Company values with a positive
attitude toward continuous improvement and driving growth.
- Develop and implement short and long-term strategic plans to
ensure business objectives are met across the division.
- Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by Operations
- In an effort to achieve continued long-term growth, evaluate
strategic opportunities to acquire market share, build strategic
partnerships, and invest/deliver on high ROI initiatives.
- Accountable for divisional budget and P&L responsibility as
well as generating cost savings and executing on proper resource
- Develops operational annual budget for the division in tandem
with the Operations Finance team.
- Partner with other departments, identify needs and demands,
understand technologies and trends, and deliver innovative and
optimal solutions that will support the execution of business
- Maintain positive and cooperative communications and
collaboration with all levels of team members, customers,
contractors, and vendors.
- Collaborate with other DVPs and their teams as it relates to
supporting the Company's strategic business and growth plans.
- Cultivate and maintain productive relationships at all levels
ensuring an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
- Accountable for a systematic method of working with all other
areas of the business and for effective communication with the
senior management team about the nature and direction of the
- Frequent contact with team members, peers, and other retailers
to discuss and understand market opportunities.
- Collaborate with operational leadership to plan and execute
initiatives to continuously improve the customer experience
- Develop strategic plan for divisional growth, identifying new
opportunities with a focus on driving profitable growth, seeking
new business tools and methods, evaluating divisional profits and
revenue, and calculating risks.
- Identify new business opportunities and lead strategy
development to target high value revenue opportunities.
- Meet all growth targets set by leadership.
- Direct strategic innovation and leverage in-depth understanding
of market needs.
- Work to identify and implement innovative approaches to drive
savings and improve service levels.
- Understand competitive landscape and potential competitive
threats that could negatively impact current relationships and
- Identify growth opportunities and prioritize divisional focus
to achieve sales and margin growth based on acquired insights.
- Drive the strategic development and launch of new products and
programs to continuously change the game.
- Monitor all metrics to foster an environment of Data Driven
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and/or staff
training and communication to produce optimal outcomes.
- Set goals and objectives for management team to meet and exceed
- Develop and monitors KPI's, reinforce positive behaviors and
take corrective action as needed to ensure KPI's are met and
penalties are not incurred.
- Responsible for the customer relationship including but not
limited to expertise in the monitoring Voice of Customer,
identifying knowledge and skill gaps and ensuring prompt resolution
of customer complaints.
- Set divisional goals, participate on all leadership calls and
projects as requested, and solve internal issues when needed.
- Report regular status updates and other reports as
- Work with the senior leadership team to develop strategic and
financial plans to guide the success of the division.
- Monitor regional performance within the assigned division to
ensure effective implementation of corporate initiatives and a
superior customer experience.
- Oversee effectiveness of systems and procedures to ensure
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Signet field
- Direct the review and analysis of financial performance
understanding all contributing factors.
- Identify areas of growth vs. opportunities for
- Ensure all forecasts are supported with appropriate execution /
- Responsible for successfully managing and exceeding the
division's financial goals.
- This position has the overall responsibility of sales
leadership in the field organization and store personnel sales
leadership throughout the division.
- Responsible for monitoring actual versus plan financial results
and for taking corrective management action when unfavorable trends
or results are identified.
- Accountable for achievement of sales and net profit objectives
in accordance with financial plans.
- Partner with the Operations Strategic Insights Team to develop
divisional sales plans by region.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to recruit, hire, manage and
retain a high performing team at all levels.
- Hire staff, recommend pay increases, perform quarterly
performance check-ins, train and development of staff, estimate
personnel needs, assign work, meet completion dates, interpret and
ensure consistent application of organizational policies.
- Attract, develop and retain a diverse, highly qualified
- Monitor hiring practices of field personnel through resources
- Take an active role in creating a positive team member
- Set the tone for culture within the organization by
demonstrating a positive, team member focused approach to
- The DVP is accountable for the job satisfaction and future
career guidance and development of all divisional team
- Responsible for developing the team to exceed the division's
strategic goals and develop a managerial pipeline.
- Establish division and individual goals which align to
Operations plans and manages the execution of goals through
coaching and mentoring.
- Coach, mentor, and counsel managers to meet expected
performance and leadership criteria.
- Develop direct reports and key management team members. Set
clear goals and objectives and hold team members accountable.
Identify development needs and ensure a clear plan is in place to
- Develop a succession plan for critical positions in the
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring (District Manager level and
above) and training of management candidates for the field
- Responsible for the identification, management and development
of personnel at all levels who can participate in team management
of the business.
- Ensure leaders mentor, develop and supervise direct reports in
accordance with the Company's values and business strategy.
- Conduct regular reviews of district managers with the Vice
Presidents of Regional Operations to identify, engage and retain
key talent...... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Signet Jewelers, Akron , Divisional Vice President - Operations Zale Banner, Executive , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!