Manager - Category Management
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Information about #20168 Manager - Category Management
Work Location: GOJO Plaza, Akron, OH
In this role, you will: work across the GOJO Enterprise to
facilitate category management strategy, process, structure and
best practices within the North American and Global Professional
business units. This role works to deliver category leadership
through the lens of three audiences - the GOJO Enterprise, the
Sales Team and the Trade (Distribution). This position will also
take a lead role in the trace optimization project to deliver
targeted sales reporting and marketing efforts to key
Essential Job Duties:
- Systems / Data integration - employ all available systems and
data sources to develop tools and targeted reporting. Systems
include SAP, CRM (Salesforce.com), and external databases (e.g.
vertical market, geographic, national accounts and customer
- Critical business analysis - as situations develop, assist in
developing strategic solutions and follow-through.
- Identify product and program innovation that will drive
breakthrough revenue and profit.
- Train business leaders and sales professionals on analysis
tools to enable more informed strategic decision-making.
- Alignment to GOJO, Business Teams, Vertical Market Teams, and
customer business strategy.
- Partner with GOJO Sellers to conduct Distributor discovery
related to category management opportunities (e.g., vendor
consolidation, end-user penetration).
- Maintain a category management results scorecard and pipeline
- Collaborate with Category Management Director, Senior
Leadership and Trade Leaders to coordinate category management
strategy, timelines, presentations, tools and plans
- Create tools and reports that assist Sellers in optimizing
territory sales and mix performance, including analyses for key
strategic customer meetings.
- Pursue opportunities to integrate reporting with other
- Strategic sales analysis - Partner with Trade Leaders and
Business Analysis to create and proactively communicate business
results and opportunities to stratified distributors.
- Trace Optimization project - Develop distributor-facing tools
based upon augmented trace data, including sales results (e.g.
end-user penetration, DSR rankings) and KDM marketing
- Partner with Channel Marketing and other teams to create
customized communications as business situations arise.
- Assist with the training and launching of category management
programs, including execution plan, DSR sales training and selling
tools (e.g. cross-references, targeting, sell sheets).
- Monitor category management program effectiveness with
Distributor leadership and recommend revisions and adjustments as
- Create tools and reports that reinforce category management
successes and GOJO differentiation.
- Significant teamwork and matrix project / initiative leadership
with Product Management, Business Analysis, Business Segment Teams
Education and Experience Required:
- BA, BS in Marketing, Business or related field. MBA preferred.
Five (5) to seven (7) years experience in Sales / Marketing,
Business Analysis, or Category Management. Experience in Sales and
working with the Trade / Distribution very important.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel. Demonstrated competency
and aptitude for thinking through systems, relational database
concepts, quick grasp of data management. Demonstrated ability to
research and troubleshoot issues through review of multiple objects
- Must be well-organized and very detail oriented. Ability to act
with discretion and maintain confidentiality.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application
process. You will have an opportunity to include your resume and a
cover letter. GOJO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status or status as an individual with a disability. Applicants
must be lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
Recruiters, Search Agencies or others referring candidates to GOJO
Industries, Inc. without written authorization from GOJO
Industries, Inc. Human Resources will not be compensated in any way
for their online referral even if GOJO Industries, Inc. hires the
candidate. GOJO does not seek or respond to unsolicited resumes for
positions that are not listed in the Careers section.
Keywords: GOJO, Akron , Manager - Category Management, Executive , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!