IT Platform Engineer III (Middleware)
Company: Sterling Jewelers, Inc.
Posted on: November 10, 2018
The Platform Engineer-s role is to support and administer the design, planning and implementation of all middleware activities of the organization. The Engineer will work closely with solution architects, application development teams and decision makers to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective middleware solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also support the adoption and implementation of IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
* Maintain and ensure availability and capacity of middleware products and services.
* Coordinate all technical details of installation and upgrade of middleware-based solutions, system software and onboard solutions to keep the middleware platforms up to date.
* Drive development and innovation in tooling for administration and deployment automation in support of Solution Delivery and DevOps.
* Define and implement monitoring and notification best practices of the Middleware operational.
* Develop and maintain middleware standards, document configurations and review solutions to ensure change control processes are met.
* Proactively perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis of issues to resolution.
* Research, review and provide recommendations for Middleware capacity planning, performance management, and stability improvements.
* On-Call and after-hours support 24x7 Operational Support.
* Identify opportunities and develop solutions to automate and improve efficiency of overall Middleware environment.
* Stay current with Industry Emerging Technologies, Products, Services, Protocols, and Standards
* Bachelor-s Degree in information technology or other relevant Scientific/Technical discipline - Required
* Demonstrated Process and Result driven with attention to detail -Required
* Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience installing, upgrading, configuring Middleware environments - Required
* Good Communication Skills (Verbal, Written, and Presentation) - Required
* Minimum 3 years' experience with LINUX operating systems - Required
* Experience in one of the following Middleware platforms: JBoss, WebSphere, MQ, MuleSoft, Informatica - Preferred
* Experience with SSL Certificate management for Middleware products to operate the platform within our security and privacy guidelines - Preferred
* Strong Interpersonal Skills - Preferred - provided by Dice Analysis, Capacity Planning, Development, Informatica, Linux, Management, Middleware, Protocols, Research, Scientific, Security, SSL, WebSphere
Keywords: Sterling Jewelers, Inc., Akron , IT Platform Engineer III (Middleware), Engineering , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!