Principal Research Engineer
Company: B&W MEGTEC
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Job Description - Principal Research Engineer (2100006B) Job
Description Principal Research Engineer - ( 2100006B ) Description
B&W is seeking a talented, motivated and experienced research
engineer to join our team. The R&D Principal engineer (Research
engineer) functions as a technical research specialist within the
engineering department. The individual provides technical input to
all levels of the company. The Research Engineer leads the research
for B&Ws world-class technologies for energy conversion of
fossil fuels, renewable energy and clean power as well as
world-class technologies for environmental emissions controls. We
work with utilities to provide reliable, clean energy to the
public, and with industrial clients to reduce the environmental
impact of power and steam generation processes. - Job
- Lead R&D projects and/or small teams, working safely with
hands-on experimental bench- or pilot-scale process evaluation and
- Manage projects with governmental and/or NGO funding.
- Serve as the research technical specialist for the organization
in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods in
world-class technologies for energy conversion of fossil fuels,
renewable energy and clean power as well as world-class
technologies for environmental emissions controls
- Keep informed of new developments and requirements affecting
the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in
programs or applications.
- Interpret, organize, execute, and coordinate assignments
related to B&W R&D portfolio with experience in the
specific areas of particle development, kinetics, chemical looping,
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate the preparation of drawings and
documents or activities for multiple major projects or is
responsible for an entire program of an organization.
- Review procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies
and performance measures.
- Provide site support on complex technical issues.
- Author complex technical reports.
- Keep informed of new methods and developments affecting his or
her organization and recommend new practices or changes in emphasis
- Routinely interact with external customers, A/Es, vendors,
and/or sublet engineers.
- Lead project meetings and makes presentations.
- Represent the organization and maintains liaison with
individuals and related organizations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned. Qualifications Desired
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from an
ABET/EAC accredited program required.
- 2 to 5 years of post-graduate academic or professional
experience in stationary energy conversion technologies required.
Postdoctoral experience is also considered.
- M.S. in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET
accredited U.S. university is preferred.
- Must have a broad background in fuels emissions, control of
NOx, SOx or particulates, aqueous metals chemistry, mass transfer,
unit operations and reaction engineering is desirable. Because of
the diversity of our R&D portfolio, this position does not
target a specific area of experience or knowledge, but experience
in the specific areas of particle development, kinetics, chemical
looping, and/or fluidization is a plus. -
- Proven ability to multi-task on project assignments, manage
daily tasks, and prioritize work to complete within deadlines
- Strong team player and able to coordinate with cross functional
teams such as Engineering, Production, Lab Technicians, Customer
Service, Marketing, and Sales.
- Ability to drive changes as required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment for customer
- A demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technology concepts
and conduct critical evaluations for technical and economical
viability using state-of-the-art tools is crucial to this
- The ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment with
variable technical focus, project demands and daily activities is
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills and a desire
to work among interdisciplinary teams are vital traits, as is an
easy and personable demeanor; your successes will be shared and
will rely on teamwork. -
Keywords: B&W MEGTEC, Akron , Principal Research Engineer, Engineering , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...