Data Engineer III
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Genesis10 is seeking a Data Engineer III for a leading company
in Akron, OH. This is a remote 6-month contract role that could go
Description:The Data Management Team Information Technology group
is responsible for the design, development and enhancement of Data
Warehousing and Analytics applications. We seek an individual that
can confidently play the role of a Data Engineer during Data Lake /
Data Warehouse development. A Data Engineer you will work closely
with Business Systems or Business resources to make appropriate
technological choices; proceeds to architect and design the
required application. This role requires deep understanding of data
architecture, data engineering, data analysis, reporting, and a
basic understanding of data science techniques and workflows. The
ideal candidate is a skilled data and software engineer with
experience creating data products supporting analytic solutions.
- Requirements analysis: In conjunction with a Business Systems
team Analyst or independently, work with the business to collect,
document and review functional and non-functional requirements for
- Solutions maintenance: Responsible for maintaining the data
warehousing platforms and all components of MySQL/Single Store,
Teradata and legacy Oracle Data Marts.
- Architect: In conjunction with a Business Systems team Analyst
or independently, decompose the application into various components
and make appropriate technological choices in the implementation
and integration of the components also giving due consideration to
availability, recovery, security, performance, and governance
- Analysis and design: Define and document the logical data model
and create the physical data model in a database.
- Define and create Data Lake and Data Warehousing models for
reporting or analytics. Identify the various contributing source
systems and source data elements; help define & build the
extraction functions to obtain the source data supporting change
- Define and document the various data transformations that must
occur during this process.
- Incorporate maintainability, security and performance
requirements into the design and specifications.
- Build and test: Create physical data model. Implement data
extraction functions and transformation logic.
- Document all design and specifications. Document metadata
information. Develop early prototypes for the application, as
- Support the development of complex logic or functions necessary
that help the organization's business achieve their goals.
- Communicate design and logic to business users by explaining
how a data model relates, where the data comes from, and logic used
in the ETL (extract, transform, load) process.
- After doing the analysis to understand it, a verbal, written,
or interactive explanation must be given to the interested
- Foster a culture of sharing, re-use, design for scale
stability, and operational efficiency of data and analytical
- You have a bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such
as Computer Science or another related field with 5 years or more
of related experience.
- Related experience should include knowledge of: Agile/Scrum
Methodologies, RDBMS, and ETL
- Willing to undertake assignments involving unfamiliar subjects
and demonstrate aptitude to learn quickly.
- Highly motivated; can work independently with a high level of
- Excel at communicating complex ideas and concepts both verbally
and through writing.
- You have experience with development and tuning on RDBMS
technology including Teradata, Single Store, Oracle or SQL
- Knowledge and experience in development and tuning of ETL
processes using PowerCenter, Informatica Data Replication (IDR), or
other comparable tools.
- Experience in creating, analyzing, and documenting ER and
Dimensional models, preferably with ERWIN experience.
- Preferably you have experience in using the Kimball methodology
to design and develop Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data
- Ability to effectively prioritize and plan activities,
multitask and meet deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to mentor less experienced personnel.
Encourages, supports, and challenges team members as
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours and be available
during on-call rotation. If you are a qualified candidate
interested in this opportunity, please apply.About
Genesis10:Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology
consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and
solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high
performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced
experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery
professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to
know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities
that fit your skills, experience, and aspirations. We have benefit
options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you
from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To
learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career
opportunities, please visit us at
Keywords: Genesis10, Akron , Data Engineer III, Engineering , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!