Process Improvement Engineer
Posted on: June 22, 2022
HOERBIGER Engine Solutions/Altronic, LLC is seeking a Process
Improvement Engineer for our manufacturing plant in Girard, Ohio.
The PI Engineer will drive continuous improvement in internal and
external quality, with direct production support and immediate root
cause analysis and corrective action to resolve quality issues.
This will be a hands-on position and the ideal candidate will
possess analytical, development and direct implementation
experience in process development and improvement.Altronic is
located in beautiful Girard, Ohio. This is a full-time position,
immediate opening. Position is not remote. Covid precautions taken
to keep employees safe and healthy.Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and perform plant level problem solving, root cause
analysis and corrective action on production related issues as well
as continuous improvement projects affecting plant quality.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and
- Perform capability studies, control plan/PFMEA development, and
statistical analysis of core production processes.
- Analyze key metrics for trends, identify process improvement
opportunities and develop visual communications systems, reports,
and dashboards to capture and communicate the impact.
- Prepare documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing information and trends including failed processes,
stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and
- Conduct nonconforming material review
- Identify, define, develop, and implement new technologies,
specification of requirements, Capex justification, planning and
- Train personnel on new manufacturing and quality practices
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
(preferably in electrical engineering)
- Minimum one year manufacturing experience in quality related
- Working knowledge quality tools and standards (IPC standards,
Lean Six Sigma Tools, ISO, SPC)
- Working knowledge of modern manufacturing methodologies and
- Demonstrated success utilizing problem-solving and continuous
improvement methodologies, conducting root cause analysis and
- Direct experience with developing and implementing
manufacturing and quality processes.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills (both written and
- Must be organized and able to multi-task
- Intermediate level computer skills
Altronic offers a stable, team-oriented work environment with
opportunity for advancement. A great place to work, average tenure
of employees is 11 years.Our robust benefits package includes
Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, company paid Short- & Long-Term
Disability coverage, Life Insurance, FSA & HSA, Paid Vacation, paid
Holidays, paid Sick Days, paid Parental Leave, Tuition
Reimbursement, 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching
contributions.Full time employees enjoy 12 paid holidays each year.
You can start your new job with two weeks of vacation the first
year (and three weeks of vacation the second year), plus earn five
sick days per year. Medical plans available for as low as $15.50
per month (single coverage), plus much more!
Altronic has long been regarded as the world's leading manufacturer
of ignition and control systems for industrial engines. These
products represent the industry standard for quality. All are
designed to improve engine performance and enhance reliability.
Many also improve operating efficiency, helping to reduce
emissions, which contributes to a healthier environment.
Job Reference: US00431
Keywords: Hoerbiger, Akron , Process Improvement Engineer, Engineering , Girard, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!