Senior Security (GRC) Engineer
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: May 16, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at akronchildrens.org.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
This is a hybrid work-from-home position. The ability to work from
home may change based on business needs.
The Sr Security Engineer is an integral part of the Cybersecurity
program. This position will be responsible for maturing the Risk
Management, and Incident response areas. This will be accomplished
by conducting risk assessment of third parties, systems & equipment
being placed on the network and cloud systems. Incident Response
duties include organizing table top exercise and working with other
staff on remediation of gaps identified. Day to day this position
will interface with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Assists with the implementation, execution and continuous
improvement of the Information Security Program including but not
limited to: Policy and Document Maintenance, Risk Assessment,
Security Controls and Technical Oversight.
- Maintains information security policies, procedures, and
- Conducts periodic risk analysis and risk management
- Develops and coordinates application security reviews and is
responsible for vulnerability and incident management.
- Responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of
information security tools.
- Ability to problem solve/remediate in a highly complex and
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced environment with a
variety of personalities and work styles.
- Ability to successfully work well under pressure with tight
deadlines and with a sense of urgency.
- Possess excellent written, oral, and active listening skills.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in HIPAA, HITECH, PCI, NIST, and other frameworks is
- Experience in securing information system technologies is
- Experience with both Technical Security Engineer and
Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks
and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident
- Experience with an organization's privacy and security due
diligence efforts when entering into third party relationships or
M&A activities a plus.
- Knowledge of various operating system flavors including but not
limited to Windows, Linux, Unix
- Knowledge of applications, databases, middleware to address
security threats against the same.
- Proficient in preparation of reports, dashboards and
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with key
- Good Analytical skills, Problem solving and Interpersonal
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic work environment.
Exceptional organization skills, ability to work independently as
well as part of a team, and demonstrated experience in taking
initiative and following up on tasks.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, and
SharePoint] or similar software is required.Education and
- Education: Bachelor degree in related field is required.
- Security Certification Required: CEH, CISSP, GCIH, GSEC, or
similar level security certification
- 2-3 years leadership/ supervisory experience preferred
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Position: IT IS
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Senior Security (GRC) Engineer, Engineering , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!