Sr Clinical Engineering Tech
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 10, 2020
About UsAkron Children s Hospital is one of the largest
independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the
best children s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our
dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year
through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations
offering primary and specialty care.We are leading the way to
healthier futures for children and communities through expert
medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a
teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other
universities, we train new generations of pediatricians,
specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Senior Clinical Engineering Technician position, the incumbent
is fully capable, knowledgeable and experienced Clinical
Engineering Technician, the incumbent works independently under
general supervision. The Senior Clinical Engineering Technician is
responsible for assigned daily technical support activities related
to equipment and devices used within clinical, allied health and/or
support service departments that are the technicians designated
areas of responsibility, although may also be assigned
responsibility outside of their designated areas of responsibility.
1. The Senior Clinical Engineering Technician provides inspection
of incoming equipment, repair, calibration, preventative
maintenance, and performance inspections of diagnostic and
therapeutic patient care equipment and related equipment using
electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
2. Performs highly skilled work of considerable difficulty.
3. Assists in the pre-purchase evaluation of products and equipment
4. Conducts Risk Management activities under the direction of the
Clinical Engineering Supervisor.
5. Assists in teaching the safe and proper use of medical devices
and other related equipment, attends technical service training
courses, maintains parts inventory and performs other related
duties as assigned.
6. Position is equivalent to AAMI s (Association for the
Advancement Medical Instrumentation) Clinical Engineering Tech
7. The Senior Clinical Engineering Technician may be required to
test, repair, and maintain medical and related equipment at other
facilities during normal and outside normal working hours.
1. Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar and/or
BMET Certification is required. 2. A working knowledge of all
patient care equipment within the pediatric facility.
3. Ability to professionally handle emergency and stressful
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
5. Proficiency in PC use and office productivity software
applications such as word processor, and spreadsheet required.
6. Must have willingness and adaptability to work flexible shifts
as requested. Full Time FTE: 1.000000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: MAINTENANCE SECURITY Associated topics: adapter, bsee,
electrical engineer, image processing, kv, msee, plc, signal
processing, transmission, wind
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Sr Clinical Engineering Tech, Engineering , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!