Middle School Math Teacher (2022-2023 School Year)
Company: ACCEL Schools
Posted on: June 25, 2022
ACCEL Schools is seeking highly-qualified Middle School Math
Teachers for grades 6-8 at our Akon College Preparatory School
located in Akron, Ohio that is dedicated to providing a superior
education for all students in our upcoming 2022-2023 school year!
We are seeking teachers who are excited to create a rigorous and
nurturing classroom environment that prioritizes student learning
and social-emotional development. With a network of 50 charter
schools and growing, ACCEL Schools employs a diverse staff of
passionate administrators and educators who value research-based
practices and a desire to grow as professionals. We work tirelessly
to raise student achievement, regardless of historical barriers,
while committed to participating in ongoing professional
development, job embedded instructional coaching, and embracing a
- Relentlessly work to meet all goals related to student
achievement and culture as well as Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP)
- Deliver highly effective daily lessons based on student need,
rooted in research-based instructional practices.
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all
- Utilize research-based best practices in daily planning and
- Create a joyful, caring, and loving classroom environment for
- Integrate culturally responsive teaching practices into daily
lessons and interactions with students, parents, and
- Implement school-wide culture expectations and norms, inside
the classroom and beyond.
- Communicate regularly with families regarding the academic and
social-emotional growth of their child.
- Incorporate 21st century technology skills into daily classroom
practice and team settings.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of
non-instructional activities such as social events and field
- Collaborate and communicate effectively, humbly, and
respectfully with all colleagues.
- Perform other duties as assignedQualifications:
- Current state teaching license in appropriate content area
- Knowledge of State Standards and Common Core Standards
- Preferred two years' experience teaching
- High level of comfort working in a growth-focused coaching
environment based on frequent observations, debriefs, action
planning, and progress monitoring.
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word
- Ability to properly manage confidential information
- Ability to stand for up to 90 minutes at a time
- Ability to supervise students in all school settings, including
in a classroom, on playground or in another play setting, in a meal
room, and/or transitioning between any of these settings
- Ability to pass federal and state criminal background
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting preferredEQUAL
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYIt is our policy to abide by all federal,
state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based
solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth,
physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age,
military status, veteran status (including protected veterans),
marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status,
familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender
identity or expression), medical condition, genetic information,
sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a
reasonable, bonafide occupational qualification
Keywords: ACCEL Schools, Akron , Middle School Math Teacher (2022-2023 School Year), Education / Teaching , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!