Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 12, 2022
- Makes regular rounds of the exercise floor in an effort to
ensure safety and assist members and guests with any exercise
related issues or questions they may have.
- Schedules and administers computerized health risk appraisal
and physical fitness assessment to new and existing members.
- Prescribes individual exercise programs that follow ACSM
established guidelines based on assessment.
- Follows the equipment cleaning and preventive maintenance check
list. All equipment needs to be inspected and cleaned daily.
- Follows established procedure when exercise equipment is found
to be malfunctioning in an effort to get the equipment operational
within 24 hours, including posting of the appropriate status
signage, notifying the Manager and recording the problem in
theequipment log located at the Wellness Service Desk.
- Develops and implements member exercise incentive programs to
motivate and enhance consistency and retention. Maintains current
information on all club programs, services and activities and
- Displays proficiency in the operation of the computer hardware
and KI software.
- Attends and positively contributes in all mandatory meetings
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains current
Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Bachelor's degree in exercise physiology exercise science
physical education or other related profession. Master's degree
- Additional ACSM ACE AFAA NSCA or related certifications
preferred. Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS).Complexity of
- Excellent communication and customer service related skills
required. Ability to work variable hours necessary. Possess a
professional attitude and demeanor. Must be capable of maintaining
positive ongoing communications.Work Experience:
- One year experience as an instructor in a community corporate
commercial or clinical health/fitness facility preferred.
Experience in the administration of physical assessment exercise
prescription and program development. Basic computer operational
skills preferred.Physical Requirements:Personal Protective
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Akron , Instructor Fitness, Education / Teaching , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!