Unit Secretary - Burn Center
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: January 26, 2023
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at akronchildrens.org .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Burn Center Part-Time 24 hours/week Evenings 3p-11p
Under the supervision of nursing personnel, assists in planning,
organizing, implementing and evaluating the activities occurring in
the nursing station by performing clerical and receptionist duties
and maintaining the physical environment of the area.
- Performs record organization and transcription of orders by
completing necessary forms and requisitions.
- Complies, prepares, copies and maintains various records at the
nursing station including assembling of charts.
- Assists in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating
the activities occurring in the nursing station.
- Performs clerical and receptionist duties using multiple phone
and computer applications. This includes interacting/communicating
within own department, ancillary departments within the Hospital
plus outside agencies to ensure coordination of services/care
- Maintains the physical environment of the area
- Orders office supplies, replacement supplies for equipment,
informational materials, and enters help desk tickets for IS and/or
- Responds to and prioritizes patient and family inquires in a
professional manner. Coordinates interpreter services as
- Staff may be temporarily assigned to an area throughout Akron
Children's Hospital enterprise, based on patient needs requiring
similar knowledge and skill.
- Other duties as required. Other information:
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task utilizing sound
- Must have good communication, interpersonal and organizational
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is
- Experience in healthcare is preferred. Knowledge of medical
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or similar
software is required. Education and Experience
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Certification: Heartsaver AED required within 90 days of
- Years of experience: None required
- Years of experience supervising: None required Part Time FTE:
Status: lpl:JobRequisition. ReqRemoteWorkerACH
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Unit Secretary - Burn Center, Administration, Clerical , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!