Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 9, 2019
About UsAkron Children s Hospital is one of the largest independent
pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children
s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff
serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2
hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary
and specialty care.We are leading the way to healthier futures for
children and communities through expert medical care, research, and
prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of
Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train
new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and
pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.Shift
Information: Day JobFull Time, Monday-Friday
Position Summary:Under the supervison of the Internal Audit
Manager, participate in and conduct audits and reviews that assess
the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records,
efficiency of operations, and/or compliance with policies and
procedures.Key duties may include:
- Assist in developing audit programs (i.e., define audit
objectives and steps to achieve objectives) for financial,
operational, or compliance audits.
- Prepare written reports and summaries audits, document results
of audit steps.
- Examine records and perform walkthrough interviews and
- Document work performed by completing detailed workpapers.
- Provide assistance to external auditors.
- Assist with preparation of materials for Audit Committee.
- Perform special assignments / projects as assigned.
- Contribute to Internal Audit s conformance with the Institute
of Internal Auditors standards.Skills:
- Written communications (workpapers and report writing)
- Verbal / interpersonal communication
- Organizing information and projects
- Managing multiple projects and assignments while adhering to
- Analyze detailed informationQualifications::Bachelor s degree
in Accounting or related field required. Master s degree preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible accounting and
auditing experience, preferably within an accounting firm or
internal audit department. CPA or CIA required. If incumbent does
not have CPA or CIA at time of hire, certification must be obtained
within two years in position. Knowledge of accounting principles
(GAAP) and auditing standards (GAAS). Knowledge of all federal,
state, and local laws, regulations and compliance requirements.
Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
required. Strong analysis, reporting, and problem solving skills.
Ability to identify, analyze and recommend process flow
opportunities and enhancements. Thorough knowledge of health care
delivery models prevalent in the United States preferred. Strong PC
and spreadsheet analysis skills required.Akron Children's Hospital
is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected
Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. EEO is the law, please
click/copy paste the link below to learn more:
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!