Reimbursement Analyst -Medicare & Medicaid
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: October 12, 2019
About UsAkron Children s Hospital is one of the largest independent
pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children
s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff
serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2
hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary
and specialty care.We are leading the way to healthier futures for
children and communities through expert medical care, research, and
prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of
Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train
new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and
pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.Shift
Information: Day JobPosition Summary:The Reimbursement Analyst is
responsible for fulfilling all reimbursement and other financial
needs of the hospital.Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains current knowledge base of Medicare Regulations and
changing report requirements; coordinates the completion of the
Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reports; works with Medicare Fiscal
intermediary and Medicaid auditors on Interim Settlements, final
cost report settlements, Rate Reviews & Re-openings.
- Maintains current knowledge base of CHGME Regulations and
report requirements; Coordinates the completion of all CHGME
reports; maintains registration of all federal databases.
- Maintains current knowledge base of HCAP, UPL, Franchise Fees,
Enhanced Reimbursement and other reimbursement programs established
by the State of Ohio and all other government programs.
- Participates in the monthly and annual financial statement
preparation related to net revenue and supports annual public
accounting audit of same.
- Develops and maintains CSA models and their application as part
of the monthly financial statement preparation.
- Run all needed reports, interact with internal and external
data sources; performs additional report maintenance.
- Maintains current knowledge base of IRS Community Benefit
Regulations; Work with External Affairs Department to maintain
current Community Benefit Program; insure an accurate and timely
filing of the IRS 990H and Children s Community Benefit
- Maintains current knowledge base of Medicaid & CMS regulations
pertaining to Meaningful Use attestation; complete all processes to
insure timely completion of MPIP attestation submissions.
- Other duties as required.Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor s degree in Accounting is required.
- Certification: None.
- Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: NoneTechnical Expertise
- Experience in Medicare/Medicaid regulations; cost report
preparation is required.
- Experience in healthcare accounting is required.
- Experience in healthcare reimbursement is preferred.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is
required.Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Associated topics: actuarial assistant, actuarial consultant,
actuarial director, actuary, assistant actuary, director actuary,
model, retirement actuary, risk, statistics
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Reimbursement Analyst -Medicare & Medicaid, Accounting, Auditing , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!