Experienced Tax Staff
Company: Bober Markey Fedorovich and Company
Posted on: September 13, 2018
When looking for the right place to take your career, what's important to you?
Big enough to serve regional, national and international clients, but small enough to foster a family atmosphere, Bober Markey Fedorovich is the perfect solution if you're looking for something a little different from the Big Four. From large, publicly held companies to smaller, family owned businesses, our clients come in all shapes and sizes so you'll get opportunities to serve a variety of industries in many different ways.
With more than 50 years in business, Bober Markey Fedorovich is one of the region's premier accounting and advisory firms with a long history of serving leading public and private organizations in Northeast Ohio and around the country with reach throughout North America and the world.
We're committed to hiring the BEST and the BRIGHTEST - and that's why we're looking for a talented experienced Tax Professional to join our extraordinary team, and help continue building Bober Markey Fedorovich's respected and long-standing reputation.
- Makes substantial progress towards taking CPA Exam and obtaining licensure.
- Project manages one or more client engagements simultaneously, ensuring overall success of each project.
- Establishes work schedules through effective use of project management techniques.
- Prepares both simple and complex individual and business tax returns. Researches tax questions; studies tax laws for potential tax savings.
- Identifies opportunities to improve engagement profitability and identifies any risk management issues.
- Drafts client reports and other client communication.
- Develops deeper knowledge and skills in technical field and shares and transfers that knowledge within the team.
- Builds and nurtures strong working relationships with client management and peer client levels.
- In consultation with the engagement manager, organizes and controls multiple responsibilities and resources to achieve engagement objectives.
- Actively advises, trains, and coaches team members, provides consistent recognition, encouragement and feedback to team members, and sets an example by demonstrating high energy levels and enthusiasm.
- Actively supports new initiatives.
- Adheres to the Firm's Mission and Core Values.
The successful and ideal candidate will possess:
- A proven track record of academic and professional excellence
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and eligible to sit for the CPA Exam; CPA Licensure is highly desirable, but not required
- Minimum of 1 year of recent tax preparation experience in a public accounting firm REQUIRED.
- Big 4 Experience or Regional is great!
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing goals through collaboration and teamwork
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required - ability to create formulas (including V-lookups a plus)
- Excellent mathematical and computational skills
- Ability to apply strong problem solving techniques
- A GREAT and POSITIVE attitude, outstanding client service skills, and a desire to learn and grow! Why You Should Consider BMF
Bober Markey Fedorovich is passionate about our employees and their well-being. Our highly competitive benefits package is what sets us apart from so many Firms. We are proud to offer our employees these distinctive benefits:
PAID TIME OFF: Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy to cover vacation, illness, non-firm scheduled holidays and personal days
HEALTH/WELLNESS: Medical, dental & vision plans (dental & vision covered 100% by the firm), Wellness Incentive Programs, Free Fitness Center Access, Short/Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance, 401(k) with generous match
EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT: Continuing Professional Education - in house and off-site training provided, Tuition Reimbursement for credits needed to earn your CPA license, CPA Incentives- BONUS when you pass within 1 or 2 years of your hire date and 100% of Becker Review covered by the Firm, Peer Liaison Program, Advisory Council Program with ongoing year round performance feedback and leadership development training at all levels, Professional Dues Reimbursement.
OTHER BENEFITS: Financial Incentive Plan for staff-initiated new engagements, Monthly cell phone stipends for Supervisors+, Annual Bonus Program, Latest in state-of-the-art technology and software, including laptops, dual monitors, portable scanners so you have the tools to do your job from anywhere! And, an Enjoyable, Fun and Flexible Environment- where everyone from interns to partners are part of the team.
Keywords: Bober Markey Fedorovich and Company, Akron , Experienced Tax Staff, Accounting, Auditing , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!