Medical Billing Payment Poster
Posted on: May 25, 2023
TeamHealth has ranked three years running as "The World's Most
Admired Companies" by Fortune Magazine and one of America's 100
Most Trustworthy Companies by Forbes Magazine in past years.
TeamHealth, an established healthcare organization is physician-led
and patient-focused. We continue to grow across the U.S. from our
Clinicians to our Corporate Employees and we want you to join
- Career Path Opportunities
- Benefit Eligibility (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life) the first of
the month following 30 days of employment
- 401K program (Discretionary matching funds available) This is
an on-site opportunity with the possibility to Work From Home after
a successful 90-day training period!
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
The Medical Billing Payment Poster is responsible for posting
payments and rejections from all insurance carriers and patients,
and identifying and marking secondary claims to ensure that
appropriate items are sent to the secondary carriers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Post payments and adjustments from patient statements,
remittance advices, commercial carriers, Medicare, Medicaid, Blue
Shield and electronic downloads utilizing the appropriate
- Identify invoices which have a secondary payer and take the
appropriate action to ensure secondary billing is completed.
- Report discrepancies within the IDX Paperless Hospital System
to the department Manager.
- Maintain a personal work schedule that allows him/her to be at
work regularly and dependably.
- Complete tasks accurately, maintaining quality and production
- Complete and turn in daily productivity sheets.
- Post payments to collection accounts, process interface
- Files secondary insurance as indicated.
- Completes tasks accurately, maintaining quality standards.
- Posts voucher rejections from commercial carriers, Medicaid,
Medicare, and Blue Shield.
- Processes adjustments and maintains all accounts on an active
- Inputs all zero payment vouchers and insurance rejections from
all payer sources in a timely manner.
- Complies with mandatory overtime requirements at the direction
of the Patient Accounts Manager.
- Completes deposit batch breakdowns and unidentified log sheet
- Must reconcile all batches in the Cash Clearing
- Must be trained on the enterprise task manager (ETM) system.
Must also be able to identify and correct assigned issues within
- Report problems and issues to the Patient Accounts Supervisor
and Manager as well as status of workload for the payment posting,
zero voucher posting, and refund processing for individual assigned
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- 40-45 WPM
- Accurate 10-key
- Effective telephone communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous medical billing experience preferred
- Overtime at direction of Management SUPERVISORY
Keywords: TeamHealth, Akron , Medical Billing Payment Poster, Accounting, Auditing , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...