Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Full - Time: 40 Hours Per Week1st Shift: 8am - 4:30pmHybrid: remote
with on site requirements as neededApplicant must reside in Ohio at
the time of hire
Summary:The Finance Coordinator is responsible for coordinating
various aspects of financial management for assigned departments.
1. Provides financial support for strategic and tactical
2. Provides support in facilitating and assisting managers in the
preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets.
3. Monitors financial performance, achievement of goals and
benchmarks, identifying variances, preparing and presenting
analyses and reports to Director and management team.
4. Monitors and facilitates revenue cycle activities including
pricing, charge capture, revenue recognition and denial
5. Provide recommendations for financial improvement.
6. Facilitate and meaningfully participate in contingency planning
and financial forecasting.
7. Collaborates with other Financial Coordinators and the VP,
Decision Support as required to ensure conformity and compliance
with all aspects of financial management.
8. Other duties as required. -Other information:
1. Proven ability in financial analysis and accounting
methodologies is required.
2. Knowledge of the healthcare revenue cycle is -preferred.3.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are
4. Strong problem-solving skills are required.
5. Experience working with various levels within an organization is
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or
similar software is required.
7. Working knowledge of financial reporting software is
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related
field is required. Master's degree is preferred.
2. Certification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is
3. Years of relevant experience: Minimum of five (5) years of
experience in -financial analysis -is required.4. Years of
supervisory experience: None. -Full Time -FTE: 1.000000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Akron , Financial Coordinator, Accounting, Auditing , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!