Director of Finance
Company: East Akron Neighborhood Development Corporation (E
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Position Title: Director of Finance Reports to: Chief Financial
Officer Job Description:EANDC is searching for a high-energy,
forward thinking CPA or MBA to lead the agency's finance
department. The full-time Director of Finance will lead the overall
and daily financial decision-making through interaction and
supervision of all finance staff at EANDC. Key tasks include:
leading annual audit, data collection, reporting and the analysis
of financial information, including regulation of financial policy,
leading staff to perform all positional tasks and stay up to date
on financial industry technology trends for small business and
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid sick-time, vacation, and holidays
- Create, maintain, update and implement financial policies and
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each
- Assist in company-wide budgetary planning.
- Ensure that all the company's financial practices are in line
in statutory regulations and legislation.
- Analyze the financial climate and market trends to assist
senior executives in creating strategic plans.
- Manage and maintain internal controls.
- Assess reporting models.
- Manage Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Participate and contribute to organizational strategic
planning. Tactical Work:
- Maintain Finance Department policy manual.
- Interpret complex financial information for executives and
finance team and provide updates as needed.
- Prepare financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual
- Support CFO with special projects.
- Work with organization's external auditors throughout
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and
contractors, including banking institutions and accountants.
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial
- Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the
facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial
data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Assist with review and analysis of all human resource related
- Assist with management of outside professionals such as banks,
insurance companies, IT and other outside professionals.
- Review and approve payroll for processing. Expectations:
- Ensure all financial policies and procedures are
documented/updated on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that all financial policies and procedures are being
followed with regularity and accuracy.
- Deliver monthly financial statements and other related reports
to CFO within 10 days of month end close.
- Ensure all financial statements and other reports are completed
with accuracy. Organization-wide:
- All work will be performed according to the organization's
policies, standards, core values and in the spirit of the
organization's mission and vision statements.
- All work will be orchestrated and quantified when
- All telephone calls, both internal and external will be
returned within two hours whenever possible, and within one
business day at the latest.
- All proprietary company information will be held as strictly
confidential outside the organization.
- Immediate manager will be notified of any issues that cannot be
resolved, or deadlines that cannot be met, within a reasonable time
frame, and before the deadline has arrived.
- The organization's dress code will always be followed.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive supervisory/
management experience is required.
- A CPA is preferred.
- An MBA with audit, public accounting, and public (federal,
state, and local government) finance program operations may be
- With either background the best candidate will be capable of
using technology to embrace and advance the daily changes needed to
lead the operations of the largest provider of affordable housing
in Metropolitan Akron, Ohio. Qualified candidates should send a
cover letter, resume and salary requirement to Jennifer DeLuca via
email at . Please address your cover letter to the attention of
Kelly Barr, Chief Financial Officer.
Keywords: East Akron Neighborhood Development Corporation (E, Akron , Director of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!