Senior Tax Accountant
Company: Meggitt PLC
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Requisition ID: 48912
Business Unit: Meggitt USA (3400)
Akron, OH, United States, 93063
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme
environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense
and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across
manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with
regional bases in India and the Middle East. Job Designation
The Senior Tax Accountant assists with the day-to-day management of
federal and state tax compliance, income tax provision, both
preparation and review, state tax notices and tax examinations, and
also with daily cash management and forecasting. All duties will be
performed in accordance with the company s policies and procedures
and all US state and federal laws and regulations for the U.S.
operations. Job Core Responsibilities
* Calculate quarterly estimated Federal & State tax payments and
* Preparation and review of BU Federal & State Tax Pkgs, R&D
* Assist with preparation and review of annual tax provision
workpapers and with computation of the annual tax provision.
* Assist with tax audits, responding to tax notices and ad-hoc tax
* Proactively interact with business units to gather information
and resolve tax-related problems.
* Assist with the timely collection and monitoring the status of
Federal & State tax pkgs and other tax deliverables.
* Assist with the preparation of the Federal & State tax
* Assist with Treasury-related functions including, but not limited
to, monitoring daily cash balances and requirements, assisting with
establishing and monitoring letters of credit, initiate wire
transfer, and monitor ZBA and Non-ZBA bank accounts.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Accounting; Master degree in Taxation
Years\' Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience.
* Excellent written communication and verbal communication
* Strong prioritization and decision making skills
* Strong analytical and research skills
* Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
* Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare
* Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is
* Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals
* Ability to research and analyze data effectively
* Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal
supervision, in order to meet deadlines
* Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
* Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, procedures
and standards policy and procedure development techniques
* Knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to federal and state
* Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial
and/or accounting applications #LI-NM1
This position requires use of information which is subject to the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants
must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a
U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green
Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career
center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or
Keywords: Meggitt PLC, Akron , Senior Tax Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!